Looking for a shinier smile which can make you look younger and help you regain your self-confidence? Teeth whitening can do just that. It basically involves bleaching the teeth in order to make them shinier and whiter.
Types of teeth whitening
It is important to consult a dentist before any teeth whitening procedure. If he or she ascertains you are a good candidate, you can have shinier teeth by using one of the following options:
- Whitening toothpastes: it is important to search for American Dental Association (ADA) Accepted products when deciding to buy a whitening toothpaste. They contain special chemical or polishing substances which remove tooth stains. These products, however, only remove the tooth stains and are not able to change the tooth color.
- At-home bleaching: this can be effectuated with special products as advised by our dentist. These products contain peroxide which bleaches the tooth enamel.
- In-office bleaching: it generally necessitates only one visit to your experienced dentist’s office. This method is entirely painless and it involves the application of a protective gel on the gums or a rubber shield which protects the gums since the bleach used is very strong. Then, the bleaching agent is applied to the teeth. It represents the most effective method of teeth whitening, being able to whiten the teeth with more shades than the previously-mentioned options.
- Zoom whitening: it is an in-office teeth whitening procedure which involves the application of a special light on the teeth. The changes are visible immediately with this type of procedure.
Causes of tooth discoloration
Stained and discolored teeth may result because of the following reasons:
- Red wine
- Soft drinks
- Certain types of antibiotics
We invite you to contact Dr. Campbell if you require teeth whitening or you have any other issue with your teeth, gums or mouth.
Words From Our Patients
I am impressed with the customer service and skill set of Dr. Campbell and his Hygienists. Thanks for making [it] comforting and painless.
If you are looking for a great dentist, please visit Dr. Paul Campbell; his office staff is awesome 'beyond words'.
I can absolutely attest to the excellent quality of work that Dr. Campbell does.... he treats everyone like they are the most important patient
Dr. Campbell has been my dentist for several years now...told me...his job was to help me save my teeth...He is the only reason I still have my teeth...